Saturday, February 2, 2013

Etch a Sketch creator passes away

February 2, 2012.  Joe Lizura Blog.  A sad day today as the news came out that the creator of the Etch a Sketch has passed away in France.  Anyone who was a child in the 60s and 70s grew up playing with the Etch a Sketch.  I remember when I was about 5 and I had to spend a week in the hospital, my parents brought me the one toy I couldn't live without - my Etch a Sketch.  Long before we had video games we used our imaginations to create countless sketches on that thing.  I remember playing with that toy like it was yesterday!  I also remember when I finally put it aside for good when my family got it's first video game - the game was Pong.  Rest in peace Mr. Cassagnes.  Here is a link to the story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57567306/inventor-of-etch-a-sketch-dies-in-france-at-86/

Joe Lizura
www.linkedin.com/in/joelizura
www.twitter.com/joelizura

No comments:

Post a Comment