Sunday, March 31, 2013

Joe Lizura Fired His Home Phone

Mark the day, March 31, 2013 as the first full day without my home phone. I had the opportunity to change my cable provider, which is also my internet provider, which is also my home phone and given the fact that they kept raising my monthly fee - So, I decided to make the change.  So I decided to investigate Time Warner Cable and found that they had special plans with Verizon, who happens to be my Cell Phone provider and now I can combine both of the bills into one.  When I spoke with the sales rep (a good 25 years younger than me) he marveled that I "Still had a home phone" (apparently he's only had a cell phone since he moved away from home).

So I thought to myself, hmm, I haven't used my home phone in about 2 months, maybe even longer!  Now for someone my age who ALWAYS had a home phone, it was a tough decision to essentially fire my home phone . . . but, much like somewhere, somebody had to switch out their horse and buggy for a fancy automobile, I decided to leave the old technology of a home phone in the past.

So here we are 24 hours later and I haven't looked back!  Okay so we'll see how it goes notifying all of my relatives, friends and contacts - that'll probably take me the rest of the year! 

Joe Lizura
follow me on twitter
join me on linkdin
check out the joe lizura official website
www.joelizura.net

No comments:

Post a Comment