Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Remembering Dick Clark

Joe Lizura. April 18, 2012.  There's a certain sadness in my heart with the passing of Dick Clark, one part of me wants to be greatful for the decades of television he brought into my life, yet the other side of me is very sad because an iconic man has left us.  There are many things we can count on every year, like fireworks on the Fourth of July, Turkey at Thanksgiving and the twinkle of Christmas lights in neighborhoods all around us during the Christmas season.  But now for many of us, a standard will be missing.  Dick Clark was more than just a man, he was a reason to stop and pause - just for a second each and every year as we counted the clock down on New Year's Eve.  Folks like myself grew up watching Dick Clark bring us the new year, and I'm afraid that things will never be the same for our generation on that one special evening every year.  In decades to come, we will talk about our fond memories of New Year's in the past, and no doubt that 10, 20 or more years from now we will say to our kids and grandkids - "That was great . . but when I was a kid we had a guy named Dick Clark ..."  So on behalf of our generation, thank you Mr. Clark, thank you very much.  RIP.


Joe Lizura
http://www.joelizura.com/
www.linkedin.com/in/joelizura
www.twitter.com/joelizura

No comments:

Post a Comment