Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The passing of Vidal Sassoon

Joe Lizura. May 9, 2012.  I was saddened today to learn of the passing of Vidal Sassoon - he truly began a revolution in the Hair industry that took America and much of Europe into a wonderful phase of hair styling.  Only those who are a bit older can remember just how aweful hairstyles were before Vidal revolutionized the way they were cut.  I remember my mother and my older sister spending countless hours under the hairdresser before "seeing the light" of shorter and trendier hair - I even remember my sister's first "pixie haircut" (Yikes!)  But most of all I remember the commercials which sang ... "If you don't look good - we don't look good . . Vidal Sassoon"  Umm yeah, you might want to youtube search that one.  RIP.  Here is a link to a brief bio of his life:  http://shine.yahoo.com/beauty/vidal-sasson-legendary-hairstylist-dies-84-205900070.html

Joe Lizura
www.linkedin.com/in/joelizura
www.twitter.com/joelizura

No comments:

Post a Comment